RESIDENT SCHEDULE OF CHARGES LIST
Effective April 1, 2018
The Resident Schedule of Charges is used to assess cost of repairs and/or replacement of FWBHA property where there is abuse, neglect and/or damages caused by the resident(s) or their guests.
Materials and/or Parts Cost:
The cost of materials and/or parts will be charged to residents at actual cost. FWBHA will continue getting price quotes from vendors for materials and parts that will enable FWBHA to purchase in quantities that reflect the best and lowest cost available.
Labor costs have been determined by averaging the Authority's overall maintenance costs for each job classification. The following is a list of job classifications and the hourly rate that will be charged in increments of not less than 30 minutes.
|Job Classification:||Hourly Rate
|Lead Maintenance Mechanic||$30.00/$65.00|
Resident Schedule of Charges List Revised
Effective April 1, 2018
As stated in HUD Federal Regulation 24 CPR§ 966.5 Posting of policies, rules and regulations, schedules of special charges for services, repairs and utilities and rules and regulations which are required to be incorporated in the lease by reference shall be publicly posted in a conspicuous manner in the Development Office and shall be furnished to applicants and tenants upon request. This regulation further provides that such schedules, rules and regulations may be modified from time to time by the PHA provided that the PHA shall give at least a 30-day written notice to each affected tenant setting forth the proposed modification, the reasons therefore, and providing the tenant an opportunity to present written comments which shall be taken into consideration by the PHA prior to the proposed modification becoming effective.
24 Code of Federal Regulations § 966.4(b) (2) PHA charges provide in relevant part that the lease shall provide for charges to the tenant for maintenance and repair beyond normal wear and tear and for consumption of excess utilities. This regulation further provides that the lease shall state the basis for the determination of such charges (e.g., by a posted schedule of charges for repair). Additionally, 24 CFR § 966.4) (±)(10) obligates the tenant to pay reasonable charges (other than for normal wear and tear) for the repair of damages to the dwelling unit, or to the development (including damages to development buildings, facilities or common areas) caused by the tenant, a member of the household or a guest.
- Outside contractor or services - At Cost
- Replace appliance(s) due to resident
caused fire, severe neglect, theft - At Cost ( or may be less depreciation plus labor)
- Unlock Door - During Working Hours - $10.00
- Unlock Door - Non-working Hours - $50.00
- Replace lost key - $5.00
- Change Locks - Parts plus labor
- Return Check Fee (NSF) - At Cost
- Clean yard after notice - $35.00
- Remove Tenant Property from roofs and/or trees,
furnishings and debris from unit - $60.00 per load & Dump/Disposal fee if applicable
- Clean Apartment (Vacant Unit) - $50.00 (plus minimum 2 hour labor)
- Clean Range (Vacant Unit) - $25.00 plus labor
- Clean Refrigerator (Vacant Unit) - $25.00 plus labor
- Paint/Wall Repair for damages occurring while occupied - Materials plus labor
- FWBHA unclogging sink, toilet, tub, or washer drain During normal working hours - $35.00 per occurrence (plus labor and parts)
- FWBHA unclogging sink, toilet, tub, or washer drain Non-working hours - $60.00 per occurrence (plus labor and parts)
- Remove Satellite Dish - $50.00 per occurrence
- Remove TV Cable - $40.00 per occurrence
- Replace Resident Parking Decal - $25.00 per occurrence
- Replace drip pans - At cost plus labor
- Replace electrical cover plates - At cost plus labor
- Replace light bulbs - At cost plus labor
- Replace Broken Windows During Working Hours - Minimum 1 hour labor plus parts
- Replace Broken Windows Non-working Hours - Minimum 2 hours labor plus parts
- Move trash receptacles - $10.00
- False Alarm Emergency Work Order Call-in During Working Hours - Minimum 1 hour labor plus parts
- False Alarm Emergency Work Order Call-in Non-working Hours - Minimum 2 hours labor plus parts
- Parking or Driving on Grass - $50.00 per occurrence
- Pet Waste Removal - $50.00 per occurrence
- Smoke Detector Tampering/Damaged - $50.00 per occurrence
- Smoking on campus - $50.00 per occurrence
- Miscellaneous damage to property - Parts plus labor
- Unauthorized Pet - $50.00
Unit Security Deposit:
Minimum $250.00 or 30% of adjusted income.
Pet Deposit $300.00
Monthly Fee $ 10.00
This Resident Schedule of Charges is not all inclusive. Residents will be· charged for the cost of materials plus labor for items not listed on the Resident Schedule of Charges that require repair and/or replacement of FWHA property where there is abuse, neglect and/or damages caused by residents or their guests.
All labor will be charged based upon the actual time spent with a minimum time charged of half(½) an hour.
Residents that are elderly or disabled will not be charged for the replacement of light bulbs in their units.
FWHA maintenance working hours are Monday through Thursday from 7:30 am to 5:00 pm and Friday 7:30 am - 11:30 am. Outside this time, only emergency work orders will be addressed.