Housing Services Provided During COVID-19
During the crisis, Fort Walton Beach Housing Authority is continuing to provide housing and supportive services. Our office is closed to the public, and we are limiting in-person interactions, except for scheduled appointments and emergencies. Communication with our staff should be made by phone, e-mail, USPS mail, or online.
- If you need to drop off paperwork or any other items, a drop box is located in our FRONT DOOR BOTTON LEFT HAND SIDE the main office:
- Our maintenance team is focusing on emergency critical items at this time. These requests can be submitted by email or phone. Please be patient as we prioritize maintenance work orders.
- All recertifications are conducted by mail.
- Housing Choice Voucher intakes are conducted by mail and Video Conference.
- Annual inspections are delayed until further notice.
- New unit inspections will be performed by tenant and owner certification.
- Applicants may return their Housing Choice Voucher applications or Public Housing by mail or by placing them in the drop box at the office, along with supporting documentation.
Contact Info: 850-243-3224
Housing Choice Voucher & Public Housing Caseworkers can be contacted by email:
For the most up-to-date information on COVID-19, visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)'s website at www.cdc.gov/
The CDC recommends everyday preventive actions to help keep yourself healthy, reduce exposures to COVID-19, and slow the spread of the disease. Preventive actions include:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- If you are sick call ahead to your medical provider before seeking medical care.
- Cover your coughs and sneezes with a tissue.
- Clean & disinfect frequently touched surfaces and objects daily.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
View the following links for additional information from the CDC: