"What Home Means to Me" Poster Contest
"What Home Means to Me" Poster Contest Entry Rules
- Theme - "What Home Means to Me"
- Size - All posters must be 22" x 28" and have a LANDSCAPE/HORIZONTAL orientation to be considered for national judging and may be featured in the 2021 "What Home Means to Me" calendar.
- Media - Contestant may use any art media (marker, crayon, paint, collage, textiles, etc.), but please consider that posters will need to be packaged, mailed and reproduced.
- All entries must be mailed flat.
- All contestants must sign a release making their entry the property of NAHRO and permitting duplication/publication thereof. The release should be secured to the back of the entry.
- All regional finalists and national winners must sign a photo release waiver giving NAHRO permission to use their picture for online and print publication.
- All contestants are asked to provide a short narrative on the inspiration, vision, and importance of their poster design. The narrative should be secured on the back of the entry.
- Contestants name, grade level, and housing authority must be written on the back of each poster entry in addition to being listed on the release form also attached to the entry.
- NAHRO is only responsible for returning the original poster to the national grand prize winner. NAHRO is not responsible for returning posters except for the grand prize-winning poster.
- National winners will be selected based on how well the artwork uses the "What Home Means to Me" theme.
Eligibility and Selection Categories:
Contest participation is open to all children in grades K-12 residing in affordable housing assisted directly, supported under community development, or participants in affordable housing programs administered by a NAHRO member authority (i.e., public or Section 8-assisted housing CDBG, HOME, LIHTC). Entries must be created by only one person. Entries created by two or more people will not be accepted.
Elementary: K to 5th grade;
Middle: 6th to 8th grade;
High: 9th to 12th grade
- NAHRO member housing authorities submit their entries to their local/state NAHRO chapter. If your local/state NAHRO chapter does not hold a poster contest, contact your NAHRO regional council for more information regarding their poster competition.
- Local/state NAHRO chapters may submit entries to their regional council.
Contact Heather if you have questions and to pick up a packet. 850-243-3224 ext. 206.