FWBHA Office Closed
In response to the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) epidemic, the Fort Walton Beach Housing Authority (FWBHA) will temporarily close to the public, effective immediately. We do this out of concern for the health, safety, and well being of our clients, staff members, and the general public. We will resume regular business practices when it is safe to do so. There will be some immediate changes in our normal procedures that may impact how you do business with us. We thank you in advance for your cooperation as we manage through this difficult event. Below is a list of business practices that will be impacted.
- Public Housing and Housing Choice Voucher applications will still be accepted. To obtain an application you may contact the office at (850) 243-3224 and one will be mailed to you, or you may download an application from our website at fwbha.com. Applicants can return their applications, along with required documents, by mail or by dropping them off at the office in the drop box.
- Public Housing and Housing Choice Voucher recertifications will be conducted via mail and telephone. Case managers will mail the recertification packets by mail. Participants are required to complete them and either return them, along with supporting documentation, by mail or drop them off at the office in the drop box.
- Landlord meetings are postponed until further notice.
- Until further notice, maintenance will only respond to emergency work orders, however please continue to call all work orders into the office. Again, this is for your health and safety as well as that of our staff. If you have recently traveled or are currently sick, please inform us at the time your work order is called in. You may be asked additional questions, and we appreciate your cooperation. Maintenance staff may need to make a decision regarding how to best serve you if you are currently ill, in a high-risk group, or have recently traveled. We appreciate your understanding.
- At this time, Housing Choice Voucher inspections may still take place. If you need to schedule an inspection, please contact the front desk or your case manager. If you have a new unit that needs inspection, please drop off your RTA and supporting documentation, complete and signed, with a good contact number. Public Housing inspections have been postponed until further notice.
- Rent payments may be placed in the drop box. Please remember, we do not accept cash. Make sure your name is legible on your payment.
- Pest control services have been cancelled until further notice.
We are in touch with HUD and continue to monitor information from our local experts such as the Okaloosa County Health Department, the Center of Disease Control, and HUD. As we receive updated information, we may be able to adjust some of the conditions listed above. Please check the FWBHA website regularly for updates.
Most importantly, we want all our residents, staff, partners and community members to remain healthy and to make sound and reasonable decisions and choices during this event.
- Fort Walton Beach Housing Authority